Thursday, September 06, 2007

You've been a good friend to me, TRIVIA QUIZ!

Today is Wyatt Earp Day, marking the debut on this date in 1955 of "The Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp" on ABC-TV. The series lasted 6 seasons and starred Hugh O'Brien.


Today is Iguana Awareness Day.

Today is National Coffee Ice Cream Day. All right! We're back to the desserts!

On this day in 1988, the youngest person ever to swim the English Channel, 11-year-old Thomas Gregory, swam from France to Dover, England, in 12 hours.

On this day in 1991, an electric light glowed for the first time on the Greek island of Delos, the mythical birthplace of Apollo, the god of light. Power arrived on the island via underwater cable from the island of Mykonos.

Some tennis trivia for you: While in New York to compete in the US Open, what Czech tennis star asked for political asylum?

Good luck :)

4 Comments:

At 8:50 AM, September 06, 2007, Blogger jody said...

i don't know the answer to the question but mark's dad was an extra in that movie and i had an iguana as a long time pet. that's my contribution to today's post.

 
At 9:37 AM, September 06, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was it Martina Navratilova? (sp) I know she was Czech, though I don't recall her asking for asylum...

 
At 10:18 AM, September 07, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I can't think of anyone besides Martina. I'll have to Czech for the answer later :)

 
At 7:36 AM, September 10, 2007, Blogger R-dogg said...

Mark's dad was an extra? That's kind of cool! I've never seen the movie, but maybe I should...

Yup, Martina Navratilova is the Czech I was looking for. I have no clue why she wanted political asylum, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home