Thursday, February 21, 2008

A, B, C...easy as 1,2, TRIVIA QUIZ!

Today is Remember the Funniest Thing Your Child Ever Did Day, always on late humorist Erma Bombeck’s birthday.

Today is Single Tasking Day, a day to do only one thing at a time without feeling guilty.

Today is Giving Day, a day to give someone something, even if it's merely encouragement. And so, I give to you my readers, this blog entry :)

On this day in 1947, Edwin Land demonstrated his Polaroid Land camera, which could produce a black-and-white photograph in 60 seconds.

On this day in 1970, The Jackson-5 made its TV debut on "American Bandstand."


On this day in 1984, meeting in New York, toy manufacturers showed off their top dolls of the year, including Menudo, Michael Jackson, and Mr. T. dolls, and Judy Garland from "The Wizard of Oz."

On this day in 2000, David Letterman returned to his "Late Show" five weeks after emergency quintuple heart bypass surgery.

Oh, right, the trivia! On this day in 1983, Donald Davis of the University of Hawaii set a world record by running a mile in 6 minutes and 7 seconds. Obviously, that's not the fastest mile time on record...what made his run a world record?

Good luck :)

5 Comments:

At 7:54 AM, February 21, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm guessing that he ran it backwards. Hmm, if there's a Giving Day, does that mean there's also a Getting Day?

 
At 3:31 PM, February 21, 2008, Blogger Kim said...

does he have an artificial leg?

 
At 3:39 PM, February 21, 2008, Blogger Kim said...

Also, I highly recommend the VH1 special "Michael Jackson's Secret Childhood" if you have the chance, you can literally watch him morph from black to white, it's weird...

 
At 5:24 PM, February 21, 2008, Blogger Laine said...

I'll go for an off the wall guess and say he was running under water.

By the way, it seems a little unfair to call them the Jackson 5 when Michael was the only one singing in that video! He really needed his 4 brothers there as backup dancers? This could be why he was the only one to go on to a serious solo career. You know, before he became white and absolutely insane. That 2 hour show they did on him a few years back (I think on 60 Minutes, or 20/20, or one of those) was one of the scariest things I've ever seen in my life!

 
At 7:25 AM, February 22, 2008, Blogger R-dogg said...

And...he ran it backwards!

Nice work, JD! And you raise a good point: maybe they should change it to Giving and Getting Day. I'll talk to the Minister of Holidays and see what I can work out. Of course, you'll have to wait for next Giving day for me to Give you an answer :)

Kim, it's only recently that I've started watching things on VH1 (aside from 100 Best Toys of the 80s or whatever). I'll keep my eye out for that special.

Laine, it's true...that 20/20 piece was pretty scary! I did feel kind of bad for him, since he doesn't seem to have a sense of reality anymore.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home