Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Here I come to save the TRIVIA QUIZ!

Today is AA Day, marking the founding of Alcoholics Anonymous on this date in 1935 when Dr. Robert Smith stayed sober for 24 hours.

Today is Americus Callahan Day, marking this date in 1902 when the Chicago inventor patented the window envelope.

Today is National Iced Tea Day.

On this day in 1692, Bridget Bishop became the first person hanged for witchcraft, during the ordeal known to history as the "Salem Witch Trials." In all, 20 people died before theological jurisprudence was restored in this isolated Puritan community in Massachusetts.

On this day in 1944, fifteen-year-old Joe Nuxhall became the youngest player ever to appear in a major-league baseball game. He pitched two-thirds of an inning for Cincinnati, giving up five runs on five walks and two hits. Eight years later he came back to the big leagues and stayed for 15 years.

On this day in 1988, an American clergyman claimed the TV cartoon character "Mighty Mouse" had been shown snorting cocaine. CBS producers denied the claim and said he was only sniffing flowers.


Some more multiple choice trivia: Your cat scratches the corners of your couch. Should you: (a) scratch the corners of your cat; (b) stick a pencil eraser on each claw; or (c) tape inflated balloons on the corner of the couch.

Good luck :)

6 Comments:

At 7:50 AM, June 10, 2008, Blogger dancing_lemur said...

Oh my, so much to comment on today!

Iced Tea Day! I know what I'm having for lunch! Also, as I am in the South, I will be able to go to any restaurant and order it sweet. :)

"She's a bitch! Buuuuurrrrn her!!!"

As for the cats, any of those would be equally entertaining, so I call it a trick question.

 
At 8:05 PM, June 10, 2008, Blogger Laine said...

I think A and B would be pretty ineffective. So, I'll have to go with C. If the cat accidentally popped one of the balloons it would probably scare the crap out of them and make them stop scratching that spot. It would probably be effective for a good five minutes, until they forgot all about the popping balloon and went right back to scratching.

 
At 4:43 PM, June 11, 2008, Blogger Kim said...

Gatsby is absolutely terrified of balloons, especially the helium ones, it's actually pretty hilarious when I get one :) So I'm going to guess C

 
At 4:47 PM, June 11, 2008, Blogger Kim said...

Also, if I'm accusing a cartoon mouse of being all hopped up on cocaine, I'm going with Speedy Gonzalez :)

 
At 5:59 PM, June 11, 2008, Blogger R-dogg said...

The answer is C!

Jen, aww, send some sweet tea up here. Where the high today was 60 :)
And LOL on the Salem Bitch Trials...classic SNL!

Laine, you've got a good point: I highly doubt the effects are permanent. I was hoping one of you would volunteer to try out all 3 to see which one works best...

Kim, why have you not put a video of Gatsby with a balloon on YouTube yet??? And I'm pretty sure "Speedy" was so-named because of his meth problem ;)

 
At 7:34 PM, June 12, 2008, Blogger Laine said...

When my cats were little and they would scratch the couch, I tried spraying water in their faces. However, this just taught them to do it when I wasn't looking, or didn't have the spray bottle handy. So I ended up going with option (d) and getting rid of those pesky front claws altogether. This certainly has not stopped them from scratching, but at least now they don't do any damage!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home