Thursday, September 02, 2004

Is it a puzzle? Is it a TRIVIA QUIZ???

Today's puzzle is brought to you by my mother. She used to call me "Mommy's little savant" because I used to memorize everybody's license plates. Was that a term of endearment or some sort of concern that I might have some condition? I maintain that it all started from my days in the 5th grade safety patrol when I used to look at the license plates of the cars as they went by. Here are some highlights:

My NC Plates (when you total a car, you have to return the plate):
BNK-7192
BWM-3399
KXY-9798
MSL-2408
MNR-7289
PZN-6069

Other people's plates:
Jenny's old plate: LWT-4845
Kim's CT Plate: 905 NOL (or KOL...I'm not the savant I used to be!)
My grandmother's plate circa 1984: YJB-430
Dad's vanity plate (until they upped the rates): THECURVE (bonus points if you can explain this one!)

Anywho, here are some vanity plates...can you decipher them?
10RSAX
10SNE1
IDR
CMNG4U
CZDMMNT

Good luck!

4 Comments:

At 3:22 PM, September 02, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahem
1) Tenor sax
2) Tennis anyone?
3) Idea (idear? Are they from the Midwest?)
4) Coming for you
5) Seize the moment

and your dad's plate is... something about a railroad, that thing that's on the green and white license plate. great altoona curve? It's here in PA somewhere I think.

Kim
PS. Bet you do not know my PA license plate!

 
At 10:02 AM, September 05, 2004, Blogger R-dogg said...

As the chef in The Little Mermaid once said, "Zut alors, I have meeeeeesed one." Kim's got all of them right except for one...anyone have a guess as to which one?

 
At 2:34 PM, September 07, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to memorize ppl's plates too. But I used to try to think of words that had the three letters of the license plate in that order. (Not that there aren't any other letters between the license plate letters. Anyway...)

So for your MNR plate...I'd think of

minor
meaner
mantra
mentor

etc.

Yes, I know, I know, the spelling bee nerd shows itself again!

~Megan~

 
At 5:34 AM, May 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

home equity loans

 

Post a Comment

<< Home