Thursday, August 02, 2007

I guess "The Iguana Hunter" wouldn't have made as good a TRIVIA QUIZ!

Today is Roller Skating Day, marking the opening of the world's first roller rink, in London on this date in 1875. The first skates had wheels in line. So I guess if you're using roller blades, you're actually kind of retro :)



Today is National Ice Cream Sandwich Day. I wonder if our country having National days devoted to dessert is a good thing...


On this day in 1938, in a game between the Brooklyn Dodgers and the St. Louis Cardinals, the first yellow baseball was tested. Johnny Mize was the only major leaguer ever to hit a yellow home run.


On this day in 1998, a woman called San Francisco Animal Control to complain that an iguana was "staring at" her cat. The "iguana" turned out to be a 4-foot crocodile named Ernest, who escaped while his owner was moving. Though he reported Ernest missing, the owner kept moving because it’s illegal to own a crocodile in San Francisco.

A little trivia this morning: Which is the lowest whole number, when spelt out, is in correct alphabetical order?

Good luck :)

3 Comments:

At 1:00 PM, August 02, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, took me a while but i think it must be forty. that's the only one i can think of...

 
At 1:53 PM, August 02, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, I'm with Mark. For a second there I thought there weren't any, then I came up with 40.

 
At 7:24 AM, August 03, 2007, Blogger R-dogg said...

Nice work, guys! It's forty, all right. I thought it would be lower...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home