Thursday, April 10, 2008

Elementary, my dear TRIVIA QUIZ!

Today is Dust the Ceiling Fan Day, a day for those who finished their spring cleaning, but forgot to dust the blades on the ceiling fan. I bought swiffer dusters last night! Sadly, I didn't purchase a ceiling fan to dust :(

Today is National Siblings Day, a day to honor and celebrate brothers and sisters. Hi, Julie!

Today is National Cinnamon Crescent Day. Yum!

On this day in 1912, the RMS Titanic set sail from Southampton, England, on its ill-fated maiden voyage.


On this day in 1967, Frank and Nancy Sinatra became the first father-daughter duet in history to hit #1 on Billboard's pop chart, with the song "Somethin' Stupid."

On this day in 1986, when a Salem, Oregon, movie theater offered half-price tickets to see "Young Sherlock Homes" to anyone dressed as a movie star, 400 costumed customers showed up. Unfortunately, the star dressed as Edward G. Robinson pulled a gun and robbed the box office. But whodunit?

On this day in 1993, police in Charles City, Virginia, easily tracked an accused drug dealer after he bolted and ran into the woods late at night. He was wearing athletic shoes equipped with battery-operated flashing lights. No word on whether it was the fashion police or not :)

On this day in 2000, Ken Griffey Jr. became the youngest player in baseball history to hit 400 home runs. He was 30 years, 141 days old.

On this day in 2002, a 25-year-old Westport, New Zealand man facing charges of driving without a license had an auto accident on his way to court. He collided with the judge who was due to hear his case. No one was physically hurt. The case was rescheduled before a different judge.

OK, folks...try this one on for size: On this day in 1999, the Miami Heat beat the Chicago Bulls 82-49. This was the lowest NBA point total since the introduction of what device?

Good luck :)

5 Comments:

At 4:23 PM, April 10, 2008, Blogger Kim said...

Hmm, I'll guess the electronic scoreboard? I am disappointed I missed the redhead question yesterday, because redheads rule!!!

 
At 6:27 PM, April 10, 2008, Blogger Laine said...

I think it's the shot clock.

Also, sorry Junior, but I'm pretty sure that A-Rod has since broken that home run record.

 
At 7:31 AM, April 11, 2008, Blogger R-dogg said...

It's the shot clock all right!

Kim, not a bad guess. It kind of makes me wonder what the history of the scoreboard is. Maybe I'll make up a story and post it on Wikipedia :)

Laine, nice work, and good point! I should probably double-check my stats, or maybe I only see the baseball world through Mariners-colored glasses!

 
At 7:31 AM, April 11, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, the shot clock is right, I believe.

Wow, Ken Griffey had 400 home runs at 30? Sadly, he has just 194 home runs in the 8 years since then (yes, I looked it up). How come we can't get good players like him here in Seattle?

 
At 7:32 AM, April 11, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Curses, the shot clock expired before I could get my answer in!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home