Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Re-re-re-re-re-recycle, re-TRIVIA QUIZ!

A quick programming note: I'll be taking a week off, but I'll be back next Wednesday!

Today is Earth Day, observed since 1970. Some groups also celebrate Earth Day on the first day of spring. Some celebrate Earth Day every day.

Today is National Jelly Bean Day. Oh man, I just ran out of my Easter supply!

Today is Oklahoma Day in Oklahoma, marking the beginning of the Land Rush of 1889. Those who had sneaked in early to claim land were called "Sooners."

On this day in 1876, Boston’s Joe Gordon, baseball’s highest-paid pitcher at an incredible $2,000 a year, won his first game. But by year’s end he had posted an 11-12 record and was also the team’s grounds-keeper for no extra pay.

On this day in 1977, a group of Hell's Angels buried a motorcycle at Cypress Lawn Cemetery near San Francisco. Their former leader, Harry "The Horse" Flamburis, had been buried there two months earlier. It was his motorcycle.

On this day in 1993, actor Chuck Norris kicked his first bad bubba in the face as Walker, Texas Ranger debuted on CBS television.


Ok, trivia meisters, who became network television's first news anchorwoman on this day in 1976 when she accepted ABC's offer to co-anchor the evening news?

Good luck :)

4 Comments:

At 6:20 PM, April 22, 2008, Blogger Kim said...

connie chung?

 
At 8:37 PM, April 22, 2008, Blogger Laine said...

I'm going to guess Barbara Walters.

Have fun on your trip! Takes lots of pictures! I'm especially curious about the houseboat. :)

 
At 6:40 AM, April 30, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Laine may be right on this one, but I'll guess Diane Sawyer.

 
At 7:59 AM, April 30, 2008, Blogger R-dogg said...

All good answers...it's Baba Wawa!

Kim, I had forgotten about Connie Chung! I wonder what she's up to these days...hmm...

Laine, nice work! Amsterdam was awesome, I'll be sure to update the travel blog complete with photos ASAP.

JD, is Diane Sawyer still on the air? I guess the Internet has cut down on the amount of network news I watch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home