Thursday, May 03, 2007

Now that I have TiVo, I never have to watch any TRIVIA QUIZzes!

Today is Wordsmith Day, a day dedicated to those who create advertising messages. Hm, I wonder who the sponsor for that is!

On this day in 1999, when late-night customers at a Madrid, Spain, gas station realized the attendant was sleeping, they filled up without paying and told their friends. The party ended $1,000 later when police noticed the commotion and woke up the attendant.

Here's some ad trivia: Which cell phone provider was fined $1,050 after an ad campaign featured graffiti on the sidewalks of Washington, DC in 2006?

Good luck :)

4 Comments:

At 6:06 PM, May 03, 2007, Blogger jody said...

i will say cingular because they are dumb. that's the basic science i've applied to answer this question.

 
At 9:29 PM, May 03, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's funny, I didn't realize you could pay dollars for gas in Madrid!

Graffiti on sidewalks seems like something T-Mobile would do...

 
At 12:25 AM, May 04, 2007, Blogger Mark S. said...

all cell phone companies are annoying, I wouldn't put it past any of them. how about Amped? (they make those pre-paid phones right?)

 
At 7:49 AM, May 04, 2007, Blogger R-dogg said...

Apparently it was Verizon...I think the judge said something like "You'd better pay up. Can you hear me now?" ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home