Friday, October 12, 2007

Doo Wah TRIVIA QUIZ!

Today is the Day of Six Billion, when the world population reached six billion people on this date in 1999. World population reached on billion in 1804. Now a another billion is added about every 12 years.

Today is National Doo Wah Diddy Day, the day in 1964 when Manfred Mann's "Doo Wah Diddy" reached #1 in the U.S.

On this day in 1971, the rock opera Jesus Christ Superstar by Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice opened on Broadway. Hit songs included the title song and "I Don't Know How to Love Him." Twenty years later, the actor who played the part of Jesus, Jeff Fenholt, became a Christian.


On this day in 1983, Maytag made the last hand-operated wringer washing machine. Most other companies had stopped making them years earlier.

On this day in 2004, the Seattle Storm won their first WNBA title with a 74-60 victory over the Connecticut Sun.

Trivia time: assuming that your skin is average, how often do you shed a complete layer of skin...is it every week, every month, or every year?

Good luck :)

4 Comments:

At 7:49 AM, October 12, 2007, Blogger Kim said...

This is one of those "doctor" questions isn't it... I'm not a dermatologist but I'm going to guess a week.

 
At 5:57 PM, October 14, 2007, Blogger Laine said...

I'll second Kim's choice and say a week. I feel like I've read that somewhere before.

And speaking of doctors, today I saw a list of the best paying jobs in America and all of the top ones are in the medical profession - so excellent career choice Kim. I'd tell you what #1 is but Rob may want to use that for a future trivia quiz!

 
At 7:19 AM, October 15, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sure, a week. I feel like a whole different person since last Monday morning!

 
At 7:34 AM, October 15, 2007, Blogger R-dogg said...

Well, the answer I found was a month, but I suppose if you exfoliate on a regular basis it could be only a week :)

Kim, maybe you should have studided harder in that dermatology class, heh heh. When would aspiring dermatologists take classes like that?

Laine, interesting! Now I'm kind of curious as to what the top-paying position is. I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's not medical GIS analyst ;)

JD, glad to hear you're starting the new week as a new you...I hope your dog still recognizes you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home