Thursday, November 08, 2007

Riddle me this, Bat TRIVIA QUIZ!

Today is National Parents as Teachers Day, a reminder that parents are the primary teachers of children ages birth to five, the most important learning period of a person's life.

Today is Montana Day. It became the 41st U.S. state on this date in 1889.

Today is Abet and Aid Punsters Day, a day to laugh at instead of groan at dreadful puns. Ah, finally the time has come!!! So, what did the fish say when he hit the wall? DAM!


On this day in 1913, Indiana's Clair Scott kicked football's worst punt. With the ball on the 3-yard-line, Scott punted from his own end zone. The wind caught the ball and carried it back into the end zone, where an Iowa player caught it for a touchdown.

On this day in 1985, police in Portsmouth, England, arrested three men dressed as Batman, Robin, and Superman following a bar brawl. Later the same night, at another nightclub police hauled off three more costumed brawlers: Popeye the Sailor, Spiderman, and an Australian Desert Rat.

On this day in 1991, Philippe's sandwich shop in Los Angeles, which had served a 10-cent cup of coffee since 1978, was forced to raise the price to 11 cents because of a new state snack tax.

I thought I'd go with a riddle today: What is at the beginning of eternity, the end of time, the beginning of every end, and the end of every place?

Good luck :)

5 Comments:

At 9:32 AM, November 08, 2007, Blogger Kim said...

I believe that would be the letter "e". And a pun for you...

I wondered why the baseball was getting larger. Then it hit me.

Thanks folks, I'll be here all night!

 
At 10:41 AM, November 08, 2007, Blogger jody said...

ha, i would have never thought of that.
i was getting all metaphysical trying to think of something..

 
At 6:51 AM, November 09, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

E, as in an Excellent riddlE.

So, I'm just wondering why all those people were in costume on Nov. 8. Do they celebrate Halloween late in Portsmouth?

 
At 7:44 AM, November 09, 2007, Blogger R-dogg said...

Yup, it's "e"! Very clevah, folks!!

Jody, yeah I totally had to look at the answer, myself! I was trying to think of abstract concepts and stuff.

JD, I have no clue why they were dressed up! I was looking for a video of "One of these things is not like the other" from Sesame Street b/c the rat just doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the costumes...

 
At 1:55 PM, November 11, 2007, Blogger Kim said...

You've never heard of the great superhero Australian Desert Rat? Leaps tall garbage heaps in a single bound ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home