Thursday, March 06, 2008

I hear the Cheesecake Factory has the best chocolate TRIVIA QUIZzes!

Today is Southern Drawl Day, marking the TV debut of "In the Heat of the Night" on this day in 1988. The series starred Carroll O’Connor as Chief Bill Gillespie, Howard Rollins as Detective Virgil Tibbs, and Alan Autry as Lt. Bubba Skinner. The 1967 movie, on which the series was based, starred Sidney Poitier as Tibbs and Rod Steiger as Gillespie.

Today is National Chocolate Cheesecake Day. Best dessert week ever!

Today is Peace Corps Day, marking founding of the corps on March 1st, 1961, celebrated on the first Thursday in March.

On this day in 1976, Britain's EMI Records re-released all 22 Beatles singles plus "Yesterday," which had never been released on a 45 in Britain. All 23 singles entered the British music charts at the same time.


On this day in 1992, the last episode of "The Cosby Show" aired after eight seasons.

On this day in 1999, police in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, arrested a man they say robbed a bank with a taxi waiting outside. The cab driver became suspicious after the man was inside the bank only about a minute, then gave the driver a $50 bill for the $8.00 fare and told him to keep the change.

Ok, and it's trivia time! What drug was patented on this day back in 1899? I'll give you a hint: the common name of this drug was trademarked by the Bayer Company on that very day?

Good luck :)

4 Comments:

At 7:56 AM, March 06, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chocolate cheesecake - yum, that even sounds good at this time of the morning!

For the trivia question, I'll guess aspirin (does anyone still use actual aspirin, as opposed to Advil or Tylenol? Hmm, is there a doctor in the house?)

 
At 8:13 AM, March 06, 2008, Blogger Kim said...

Yes, I think it's aspirin also. And to answer your question jd, no, nobody uses it as a painkiller anymore. But it is very useful as an anticoagulant, which is why Bayer has made billions of dollars off of those commericals that are all "Joe was having a heart attack, so I gave him a Bayer aspirin!". It sounds mildly ridiculous but it's true, giving an aspirin actually helps a lot!

 
At 1:29 AM, March 07, 2008, Blogger Jodi said...

Yay for aspirin! I actually had a lack-of-caffeine-related headache this afternoon and took an aspirin...Bayer even! And, yes, I washed it down with two shots of espresso, which is partially why I am still up at 1:27 AM and all of my sentences are so exclamatory!

 
At 6:48 PM, March 07, 2008, Blogger R-dogg said...

Sorry folks, I thought I commented this morning! The answer is, indeed, aspirin!

JD, yum on the chocolate cheesecake! I personally don't use aspirin just because my cousin gave me a zillion free samples of Advil...

Kim, very interesting...I always wondered if that heart attack thing was just an advertising gimmick. Good to know...

Jodi, welcome to the blog! Thanks for the comment. You know, I used to laugh at my mom when she said she couldn't have caffeine after noon or it would keep her up. I notice that it affects me more these days than it used to. Ah, to be in college again where I could drink an entire Surge and then go straight to bed :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home