Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Live from Seattle...it's the TRIVIA QUIZ!

Welcome back to the blog! Sure, it's not as awesome as Knots Landing's reunion movie, "Back to the cul-de-sac" but it'll have to do!

For those of you new to the blog, I post a trivia question every weekday, and then you can post your answers by using the "comment" function. I'll post the correct answer each day. You don't have to sign up for an account to leave a comment, so don't be shy!

Today's question is brought to you by I-90, just becuase I've driven most of it since I last wrote in this blog :)

OK, here's a quick one just to get the trivia ball rolling:

What is the first foreign country one reaches as one travels due south from Detroit, Michigan?

What? Too easy? OK, then, how about this one:

This state has no professional football or major league baseball teams in it, but its neighboring states have no less than 7 NFL franchises and 6 MLB franchises. Name this state. Another state has 5 NFL franchises and 6 MLB franchises in neighboring states, but none in itself. Name this state.

Good luck!

5 Comments:

At 1:11 PM, January 23, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Question 1: Cuba!

Question 2: ?????????????????

 
At 2:41 PM, January 23, 2007, Blogger Kim said...

You have an uncanny sense of when I cleaned out all the bookmarks I wasn't using anymore, don't you? I guess boredom at work has really set in!! Anyway, here are my answers:

1) El Salvador

2) I think the first one is either West Virginia or Virginia, and the second one is Connecticut

Probably both wrong, but fun nonetheless!

 
At 6:01 PM, January 23, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, great questions Rob!

1. I'm guessing Cuba as well.

2. Really tough -- at first I was thinking Indiana, but maybe Arkansas (with TX, LA, MO and TN bordering it). Now I'm looking at a map - maybe Kentucky?

Keep 'em coming!

 
At 7:05 AM, January 24, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1) How about Canada?
2) I had to stare at a map for a little while (horrors!) but I came up with Kentucky and Iowa.

 
At 7:43 AM, January 24, 2007, Blogger R-dogg said...

Thanks for the guesses, guys! The first one was a bit of a trick question. The correct answer is Canada, but I think it kind of depends on where in Detroit you're standing :)
As for the second quesiton, JD got it right!
Kentucky:
MLB franchises: Kansas City Royals, St. Louis Cardinals, Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, Cincinatti Reds, Cleveland Indians
NFL franchises: Kansas City Chiefs, St. Louis Rams, Chicago Bears, Indianapolis Colts, Cincinatti Bengals, Tenessee Oilers, and the Cleveland Browns

Iowa:
MLB franchises: Minnesota Twins, Milwaukee Brewers, Chicago Cub, Chicago White Sox, St. Louis Cardinals, and the Kansas City Royals
NFL franchises: Minnesota Vikings, Green Bay Packers, Chicago Bears, St. Louis Rams, and the Kansas City Chiefs

Thanks for guessing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home