Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Did you know that aardvark is the first word in the TRIVIA QUIZ??!!??

Today is Dictionary Day, always on the birthday of Noah Webster. My mom would love to know that, I'm sure!

Today is World Food Day and the beginning of National Food Bank Week.

Today is Reptile Awareness Day.

On this day in 1976, Memphis deejay Rick Dees and his Cast of Idiots scored their first and only #1 single, "Disco Duck (Part I)." Dees still hosts his syndicated "Weekly Top Forty."


On this day in 1984, history's tallest dog died at age nine in Milton Keynes, England. Shamgret Danzas, a Great Dane, stood 42 inches tall at the shoulders and weighed 238 pounds.

On this day in 1987, the world held its breath as Texas toddler Jessica McClure was rescued from a narrow, abandoned Midland well into which she had fallen two-and-a-half days earlier.

So, human behavior trivia time: about what percentage of Americans eat their cake before their frosting? As a hint, I'll tell you that I do ;)

Good luck :)

2 Comments:

At 7:31 AM, October 17, 2007, Blogger R-dogg said...

No takers, eh? And on the subject of frosting and cake? ;)
It turns out 69% of Americans eat the cake before the frosting!

 
At 5:26 PM, October 19, 2007, Blogger Laine said...

I had no idea about the Duck song, but I can still hear the countdown theme song in my head: "Rick Dees.....and the Weekly Top Fortyyyyyyyyy - Yeah!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home