Friday, January 18, 2008

Well, we're movin' on TRIVIA QUIZ!

Today is Pooh Day, marking the birth of writer A.A. Milne on this date in 1882. He created Winnie the Pooh.

Today is UFO Day, marking the first reported sighting of a UFO in America by Pilgrims in Boston. The year was 1644.

Today is Hair Dryer Appreciation Day. Well, I guess I do appreciate the idea of the hair dryer, although I have no need for one myself ;)

On this day in 1943, a wartime ban on the sale of sliced bread took effect in the United States. The ban was aimed at reducing bakeries' demands for metal replacement parts.

On this day in 1975, the situation TV comedy "The Jeffersons," a spin-off from "All in the Family," premiered on CBS.

On this day in 1989, Donald Burns of Bermuda became the world’s #1 loudmouth by shouting at a Guinness record 119 decibels. He did it at Liberty State Park in New Jersey...in order to hail a cab *RIMSHOT*

On this day in 1996, Australian scientists who claimed to have contacted life on other planets stumbled on the real source of the signals -- a microwave oven in the kitchen of their laboratory.

On this day in 2007, police in Waukesha, Wisconsin, were called to rescue a boy who got his tongue stuck to a metal stop sign on a day when the thermometer registered 9 degrees. Police used warm water to free the boy's tongue as his friends watched.


So, here's some trivia for you...what Dionne Warwick chart-topping song from 1986 was written to help fund AIDS research?

Good luck :)

5 Comments:

At 4:04 PM, January 18, 2008, Blogger Kim said...

I believe that was "That's What Friends Are For", although I'm not really sure what that had to do with AIDS research. Unless maybe she was just trying to suggest that a true friend would take care of you if you had AIDS, I don't know.

 
At 4:04 PM, January 18, 2008, Blogger Kim said...

I believe that was "That's What Friends Are For", although I'm not really sure what that had to do with AIDS research. Unless maybe she was just trying to suggest that a true friend would take care of you if you had AIDS, I don't know.

 
At 9:30 PM, January 20, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll agree with what Kim said.
I'll agree with what Kim said.

Did Dionne Warwick have any other songs?

 
At 11:55 AM, January 21, 2008, Blogger Laine said...

I'm not sure if she has other songs. Whenever I think of Dionne Warwick I think of the Psychic Friends Network!

 
At 7:48 AM, January 22, 2008, Blogger R-dogg said...

The answer is, indeed, "That's What Friends Are For". Nice work, folks!

Kim, I have no clue what that has to do with AIDS. One would hope that you wouldn't have to say to a friend with AIDS that you're not going to desert him/her!

JD, the song I always think of with Dionne Warwick is "I Say A Little Prayer For You."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUyFZUKo6u8

Laine, HA! I'd forgotten about the Psychic Friends Network!! Awesome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home