Tuesday, June 05, 2007

As SNL's Penelope would say, "um, yeah, I'm made of..." TRIVIA QUIZzes, "...so..."

Today is National Gingerbread Day. Now that is a made-up holiday I can totally get behind!

Today is also National Shut Up Day, a day to give quiet people a chance to talk.

On this day in 1993, a New Jersey court ruled that a father had to pay for the legal defense of his two teenage sons, who were charged with trying to hire a hit man to kill him. Hmm...

On this day in 1997, the 280 residents of Nash, Oklahoma, got the word that their policeman had been stolen. To discourage speeders, a mannequin, dressed like a cop, had sat in an old black Chevy Nova with a white star painted on the doors parked on the highway shoulder outside the town for two years. Then, somebody broke the car window and kidnapped him.

Today's tq is a two-parter:
True or false: a giraffe and a mouse have the same number of neck bones
How many neck bones does a giraffe have?

Good luck :)

3 Comments:

At 7:55 AM, June 05, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now I have the perfect response to anyone who bugs me today: "Shut up, I'm eating my gingerbread!"

Clearly, a giraffe and a mouse do have the same number of neck bones...53. You see, a mouse needs that many so they can wriggle themselves into the space under my cupboards, their clubhouse for gorging themselves on my peanut butter crackers (true story - this happened to me in Boston).

 
At 4:02 PM, June 05, 2007, Blogger jody said...

are all necks the same? i guess i'd think so but the giraffe's are quite a bit larger and longer. i don't know how many neck bones any of us have though.

 
At 10:59 AM, June 06, 2007, Blogger R-dogg said...

They both have the same number of bones, which is 7. Who knew?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home