Thursday, December 13, 2007

Deck the halls with boughs of holly, fa la (1) la (2) la (3), TRIVIA QUIZ!

Today is Count the La's in "Deck the Halls" Day, so you can tell everybody you know how many la's there are. Be careful: don't count the fa's.

Today is National Cocoa Day. I think I'll celebrate with a peppermint hot chocolate from my local Starbucks ;)


Today is Ice Cream & Violins Day. I have no idea what that means, but if somebody else does, feel free to enlighten us...

On this day in 1843, A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens was first published.

On this day in 1978, the U.S. issued the Susan B. Anthony dollar, the first U.S. coin to honor a woman. It still circulates, but not much.

On this day in 2001, a $10,000 watch stolen four years earlier was returned to a London woman worth $32,000. Thieves had tripled its value by inlaying it with dozens of diamonds.

So, here in North America, children hang their stockings at Christmas. In Holland, what do children leave out for St. Nicholas to fill with presents?

Good luck :)

3 Comments:

At 5:35 PM, December 13, 2007, Blogger Laine said...

I believe they leave their shoes?

Also, I found a lot of web references to Ice Cream & Violins Day, but they all pretty much said "we don't know anything about this except it exists". I didn't know there was any question Google couldn't answer for me! My innocence is shattered.

 
At 7:49 PM, December 13, 2007, Blogger Kim said...

wooden shoes, i believe. Also, I think it would be sort of hard to eat ice cream while playing your violin...

 
At 7:40 AM, December 14, 2007, Blogger R-dogg said...

Yup, it's gotta be the shoes :)

Laine, perhaps you'd have better luck if you use MSN search :)

Kim, I think that's true, unless you had a spoon handler to assist you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home