Thursday, December 27, 2007

It's Howdy Doody time, it's Howdy Doody TRIVIA QUIZ!

Today is Doody Day, marking premier of television's first successful children's show in 1947, "Howdy Doody," starring Buffalo Bob, Clarabell the Clown, Cornelius Cobb, Chief Thunderthud, Princes Summerfall Winterspring, Bison Bill, and Ugly Sam. Puppet stars were Howdy Doody, Phineas T. Bluster, Dilly Dally, Flub-a-Dub, Captain Scuttlebutt, Double Doody, and Heidi Doody. Gumby also was a film feature.

Today is National Fruitcake Day.

Today is National Visit the Zoo Day. In the winter???

On this day in 1932, Radio City Music Hall opened in New York City.

On this day in 1989, Lucky the dog won the raffle for a free gourmet turkey dinner at a posh restaurant in Shanklin, England. Lucky was very well behaved and growled only once when they tried to put a party hat on him.


On this day in 1998, officials of Connecticut's Metro-North Commuter Railroad announced that 120 extra employees would make up their New Year's Eve "Puke Patrol" to assist amateur drinkers and pass out motion sickness bags.

Ok, so it's back to the trivia: today is known as Modern Medicine Day because it marks the birth of what father of modern medicine in Dole, France?

Good luck :)

3 Comments:

At 9:19 AM, December 27, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about Louis Pasteur? Since I don't think there was a Louis Sterilizeur ;)

Visiting the zoo in the winter? Sounds like a great idea to me! I think I'm just about thawed from the time Rob & I went to the Lincoln Park Zoo in December!

 
At 6:51 PM, December 27, 2007, Blogger Laine said...

I was going to guess that guy...with the vaccine...only I can't remember his name. I suck.

Also, with this tiger incident at the SF Zoo, on top of several other zoo attacks as of late, I'm sort of terrified to ever visit another one, winter or not!

Wait, is it Jonas Salk? Or did I totally make that name up.

 
At 7:43 AM, December 28, 2007, Blogger R-dogg said...

Wow, it was indeed Louis Pasteur. Nice work, JD! Let's all have a glass of milk in his honor!

Laine, I think Salk did the polio vaccine, but I verified that on Wikipedia so there's no guarantee that it's true ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home