Friday, February 02, 2007

While I was in the stable, I fed a carrot to my TRIVIA QUIZ!

The countdown to the "BIG GAME" continues! Ready for a Colts-themed question? Today's question is brought to you by horse racing. Anybody else remember when Nick and Jessica attended the Kentucky Derby on Newlyweds? Hey, what do you mean I was the only one who watched that show!

So, here's some horse trivia for you...
What unit is a horse's height measured in?

For bonus points, what is one of those units equal to in inches?

Good luck! Don't worry, I won't NAG you for an answer :)

4 Comments:

At 10:04 AM, February 03, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's called hands, right? hmm, i'm not sure how many inches that is tho, 10 maybe?

~jody

 
At 6:05 PM, February 03, 2007, Blogger Kim said...

So I know from my childhood obsession with Black Beauty that it's hands. And I know that 20 hands is a really big horse, so I'm going to say that a hand must be about 4 inches.

 
At 10:38 PM, February 04, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hands hands hands! I imagine the name came from actually using your hand to measure. Though I guess I don't know which direction that first hand was facing!

Hmmm, looking at mine now, maybe 9 inches??

 
At 7:36 AM, February 05, 2007, Blogger R-dogg said...

Ah, excellent work, everybody! For such good work, you all deserve...a hand!

Hands is the correct answer. I had a book as a child that actually featured a horse drawn out of hands...anybody else seen this? It was a great book! Anywho, a hand is about 4 inches, which surprised me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home