Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Like, I'm totally spazzing out because I can't find my TRIVIA QUIZ!

Today's questions are brought to you by VH1 and MTV: VH1 because most of their programming seems to deal with remembering the 80s, and MTV because they haven't shown a music video since the 80s ;)

Also, a big shout-out to Jenny for the inspiration for this trivia quiz!!

Let's see if anybody remembers these 80s TV pets:
1) The cat in The Smurfs
2) The dog on Fraggle Rock
3) Punky Brewster's dog

For bonus points, what were the names of the robot girl on Small Wonder?

Feel free to toss in your favorite 80s memory or fashion tragedy (jellies, swatches...) Good luck!

6 Comments:

At 1:36 PM, January 30, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, I never watched Punky Brewster, Fraggle Rock or Small Wonder, but I totally know the cat on the Smurfs - Azriela!

And my favorite 80s fashion trend. That had to be my jean jacket - I was very proud of it when I got one in 1985 or so...

In shame, I'll keep this comment anonymous.

 
At 2:22 PM, January 30, 2007, Blogger Kim said...

Sprocket was the dog on Fraggle Rock, and Azriel was the cat on the Smurfs. I don't remember Punky Brewster's dog's name though!

And Small Wonder's name was either Vicky or Lisa, I don't remember which.

My favorite 80's fashion tragedy is definitely pegged jeans. Or possibly the "elephant ear" hair, both of which were fashion trends I aspired to, but failed to reach :)

 
At 2:22 PM, January 30, 2007, Blogger Kim said...

is azriel also the name of Chris Kattan's Goth character?

 
At 7:31 AM, January 31, 2007, Blogger R-dogg said...

Ah, excellent memories! So here are the answers:
1) Azriel
2) Sproket
3) Brandon

And Vicki was the plastic daughter on Small Wonder. I don't know how many episodes they made of that show, but I think it was probably only about 3!

 
At 10:46 AM, January 31, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim, yes...Chris Kattan's character was named Azrael Abyss. And he worked at Cinnabon. Where his manager gave him a raise.

 
At 10:10 AM, February 03, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok i knew azrael but that's it!

oh the 80s... so many good things, teased bangs, leg warmers, pegged jeans, trashy cut-up sweatshirts. i think my favorite was all the neon crap. i was still wearing some of those items in early high school until some senior girl on my track team said, hey, friends don't let friends wear fluorescent!
~jody

 

Post a Comment

<< Home