Monday, January 29, 2007

Hm, if this hole is a par 3, then it looks like I just double-TRIVIA QUIZzed!

A new week and some new trivia challenges! Today's quiz is brought to you by the PGA. Ah, golf, what a great sport to turn our attention to so as to forget that Wake Forest basketball won't even make the NIT this year!

So, who was the first golfer to coin the term "caddy?" I'll give you a hint: it wasn't Arnold Palmer!

And, here's a non-sports related question:

The Presidential election of 1800 ended in a tie. Who ended up winning the election, and how many tie-breaker votes did the House have to hold before a winner was selected?

Good luck!

2 Comments:

At 5:34 PM, January 29, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, the word caddy was probably coined by Fuzzy Zoeller. I just like the idea of someone with the name Fuzzy, I guess.

And the 1800 election was won by...John Quincy Adams? I feel like I should know this one, but I'm probably off by a president or two. And I'm guessing that it took 5 votes to break the tie.

 
At 7:36 AM, January 30, 2007, Blogger R-dogg said...

Ah, nice try, but the answer is actually Mary Queen of Scots. She used to call the person who carried her clubs a "cadet" which was later abbreviated to "caddy."

As for the election of 1800, the winner was Thomas Jefferson. The House had 35 tie votes before finally deciding on the 36th vote! And that was the last presidential election with any controversy...oh, wait... ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home