Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Hey, smell this TRIVIA QUIZ and tell me if it's still good!

Today's trivia quiz is brought to you by this fun sour cream themed recipe. I still, even at this stage in my life, have no clue how to tell when sour cream has gone bad...which may explain why I'm never the one to throw it away if it's in my fridge!

Some things, however, aren't such hard decisions. For example, it's pretty easy to tell that when milk turns into sour cream that its time is up. Name the expiration dates for these products:

Tabasco sauce
Lipton tea bags
Vinegar
Olive oil
Brown sugar

Good luck!

4 Comments:

At 5:24 PM, February 06, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, THAT's what that container was in the fridge ;)

I have to say, this question completely mystifies me. Do these items ever expire? I know I've had some of them a looooong time....

 
At 6:47 PM, February 06, 2007, Blogger Kim said...

Hmm, i have no idea, i have some of those things in my cabinets that have lived with me in at least three different places, so I suppose I should find out!

 
At 10:45 PM, February 06, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok here are my answers. i've come to these very scientifically as in this is how long i'd keep stuff around if i were thinking about it off the top of my head.

tabasco - never
lipton tea - never
Vinegar - 2 years
olive oil - 1 year
brown sugar - 1 year

~jody

 
At 6:35 AM, February 07, 2007, Blogger R-dogg said...

All excellent guesses! You can check out a whole bunch of interesting expiration dates here:

http://www.realsimple.com/realsimple/content/print/0,22304,676079,00.html

Here are the answers:
Tabasco: 5 years
lipton tea: 2 years
Vinegar: 42 months
olive oil: 2 years
brown sugar: no expiration date!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home