Thursday, February 08, 2007

My neighbor? Oh, I'm sure he's doing fine, although it's been a while since I've seen him: he lives about 3 TRIVIA QUIZzes away!

This fine Thursday trivia quiz is brought to you by the US Census Bureau who work really hard about one year out of every decade and then take 9 years off to recover ;) The only good census-related story I have is from the 2000 census on my college campus when one of my fellow classmates asked her RA for a "consensus" to fill out...d'oh!

So, what's the largest state in the union and what's its population (as of about 2005)? What about the smallest state?

Good luck!

5 Comments:

At 7:53 AM, February 08, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great question! I'm going to have to say the largest state is Cullyfornia, though I wouldn't be surprised if that were wrong since so many of them seem to be moving here ;)

If the U.S. population is 250 million or so, I'm guessing that Ahnold's state has 35 million people.

And the smallest state? Ooh, how about Delaware...with 800,000 people.

 
At 6:18 PM, February 08, 2007, Blogger Kim said...

I think Alaska may be the biggest state land-wise, but population-wise, I don't know, 10?
and the smallest state is Rhode Island

 
At 7:32 PM, February 08, 2007, Blogger Patrick said...

Alaska is the biggest with a population 550,000. Is Rhode Island the smallest state. I guess the population would be about 700,000.

 
At 7:37 AM, February 09, 2007, Blogger R-dogg said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:38 AM, February 09, 2007, Blogger R-dogg said...

Aha, well in re-reading, it looks like I may have asked two different questions. So, here are the two answers:

Largest state in land area: Alaska (ever heard somebody say that if we cut Alaska in half, Texas would become our third largest state? No? Only geography nerds? Ok then...)
Alaska's pop: 670,053

Smallest state in land area: Rhode Island
RI's pop: 1,067,610

The state with the largest population: California (36,457,549)
The state with the smallest population: Wyoming (515,004)

Good guesses, everybody!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home